What you can do for your uncopiable files
The file names would be too long for the destination folder error. When copying from one disk of the computer to the other or from the external disk to the computer or from the disk to the disk, you cannot copy your files longer than 260 characters. Because windows system does not allow it. The limit is up to 260 characters. One or more of the instructions below may help you with your copying process.
For “File name names destination folder” Error, You Can Try The Following
- You can try shortening the filename and copying it again.
- You can use programs such as Fast Copy, Total Commander or 7-zip.
- After pressing the windows key on the keyboard (window image) and the letter r and typing regedit, you can go to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\FileSystem” path and right click on the LongPathsEanbled text on the right and say edit and change the key value from 0 to 1 and save it.
- If the LongPathsEanbled file is not in your registry, skip the above option. If there is no LongPathsEnabled file, you cannot perform the above operation.
- After zipping the entire folder with the file you will save with winrar or winzip, you can try to move it to the location you want to move it and extract it from the zip.
- For this error, there are programs that shorten long filenames. Among them, the Rename feature of the Unlocker program can be used. The renaming feature of the Unlocker program will allow you to get rid of the ” Source path too long or File name too long ” or “filename names are too long for the destination folder” errors.
We have some files inside our computer that are very important to us. We can’t throw it, we can’t delete it if we delete it. We save files like this in a special folder and back them up. However, file names longer than 260 characters are usually written by Google itself in order to control the analytical values of the advertisement inputs and outputs. In other words, files longer than 260 characters can sometimes be caused by Google -based programs.